A MISSIONAL COMMUNITY IS THE PEOPLE OF GOD ON MISSION TOGETHER.
A Missional Community is a group of 10-40 Christ followers who embody and declare the Gospel to a specific people, neighborhood or network of relationships.
The goal is to help people become and grow as disciples of Jesus as they work to consistently and creatively serve their specific mission focus.
AT RENEW COMMUNITIES WE LIVE THIS MISSIONAL LIFE BY LOVING IN THREE DIRECTIONS: UP, IN OUT
UP - Loving God
IN - Loving One Another
OUT - Loving the World
UP - LOVING GOD
- MC has a regular rhythm of connecting UP with God in various ways such reading his word together and prayer
- MC creates a space where non-Christians or new Christians can comfortably encounter Jesus
- The MC encourages one another to develop a regular rhythm of encountering Jesus in their personal life (ex. RENEW Rhythm)
- The MC has a space where people can share their Jesus encounters
IN - LOVING ONE ANOTHER
- MC participants eat together, both inside and outside of designated MC times.
- MC participants share life together outside of the MC (ex. Grab a coffee, go to a game, participate in activities together, celebrate a birth, etc.)
- MC participants disciple one another
- MC participants serve one another
- MC has a culture of fun and laughter
- MC participants pray for one another
- Non-Christians/new Christians feel comfortable joining into the life of the MC
- MC has ways for kids to engage in the life of the MC
OUT - LOVING THE WORLD
- The MC has a clear missional focus [OUT] which functions as the organizing principle of the group
- Specific ways of serving your missional focus are developed from within the group
- MC participants seek to be missional both as a group and in their individual lives (ex. RENEW Rhythm)
- The MC participants are regularly inviting non-christians to serve side-by-side with them during their OUTs
- Share the gospel with those you are serving and each other
CURRENT MISSIONAL COMMUNITIES
Creating a community of artists from all walks of life to use their gifts for God on earth as it is in heaven.
Michael Hanson - email@example.com
Time: 2nd and 4th Thursday at 6:30-8:30 PM
Location: The Hanson's in Berea.
Sharing meals around the table to build relationships with women and children experiencing homelessness.
Michael & Danielle Davies - firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Monday at 6 PM
Location: Haven Home in Downtown Cleveland & The Davies' Home in North Ridgeville (15 minutes from Renew)
BUILDING AGAPE MARRIAGES
Building stronger marriages in and for our community
Angelica Brewer - Angelicalbrewer@gmail.com
Ogum Brewer - OFbrewer@gmail.com
Time: 1st and 3rd Friday at 7 PM
Location: The Brewer’s in Parma Heights
Fostering discipleship in our unique circles
Stephen Quella Jr. - email@example.com
Rebecca Quella - firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 2nd & 4th Thursday at 6.30 PM
Location: Usually the Quella's home in the Jefferson neighborhood of Cleveland.
Building a loving, praying, disciplining community that serves the needs of Laura’s Home and The City Mission.
Tom & Linda Uveges - email@example.com
Mike & Jen Medved - firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 1st and 3rd Thursday at 7 PM
Location: The Medved's in Olmsted and Laura's Home in Cleveland
LIFE ON MISSION
Sharing life around the table, and seeking to live out the Renew rhythms as a group.
Steve Hisey - email@example.com
Time: 1st and 3rd Friday at 6.30 PM
Location: The Hisey’s in the West Park area of Cleveland.
Practicing Spiritual Rhythms that lead us to proclaim and embody the gospel in our neighborhoods
David and Anna Van Hal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 1st and 3rd Wednesday: Meal at 6pm, Discussion at 7pm
Location: The Van Hal's home in the Old Brooklyn Neighborhood of Cleveland
Serving the oppressed and overlooked throughout our city in partnership with OhioGuidestone.
Chris & Bethany Solyntjes – email@example.com
Time: 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 6.30 PM
Location: Various homes around the Middleburg/Berea/Olmsted area.
Moms reaching out to moms in the community and serving at the Cleveland Pregnancy Center.
Katie Frohnapple - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Canitia - email@example.com
Chelsea Gumucio - firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Landis - email@example.com
Time: Thursdays at 10 AM
Location: Meeting at homes in the Berea / Olmsted Falls area
Engaging scripture to discover and live out the Nature of Christ to our everyday network.
Bryan Baker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Erika Baker - email@example.com
Time: 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 6.30 PM
Location: The Baker’s in Strongsville
RENEW OLMSTED FALLS
Living the RENEW rhythm together in and around Olmsted Falls.
Andy Sikora - firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 2nd Friday at 6.30 PM (w/ other connections monthly)
Location: The Sikora's in Olmsted Township
Seeking to be a community that demonstrates the Gospel in tangible ways through living out the Renew rhythms.
Rob & Lauren Chaney – email@example.com
Time: 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 6:30 PM
Location: The Chaney’s in Rocky River
Sharing life together with our neighbors and their families through shared meals, children's lessons, and guided prayer time in Rocky River and for those nearby (Lakewood, etc.).
Time: 1st and 3rd Saturday at 6 PM
Location: The Buehrle's house in the "Library Streets" neighborhood in Rocky River
HOW TO JOIN A MISSIONAL COMMUNITY
Reach out directly to Missional Community leaders listed below.
- Fill out a communication card on a Sunday morning and drop it in the giving box.
- Contact Curtis Carnes, Pastor of Missional Discipleship at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will help you find a good fit .
HOW TO START A MISSIONAL COMMUNITY
Is God leading you to start a new Missional Community? Here's how to get things moving.
Check out the Launching Your Own Missional Community Guide.
Email Curtis Carnes at email@example.com for questions and information about starting your own Missional Community.